There are about more than 20,000 directories running on phpld today and everyday a lot more are made.
A lot of directory newbies don’t know how to install phpld directory! And there are more of free phpld version directories coming up, hence the tutorial is based on the same.
Here are the steps:
- Step 1 : Unzip the download file you downloaded and upload it in your server.
- Step 2 : Now using your ftp program like Cute ftp , smart ftp or coreftp change the permissions of the following files and folder to 777 which is writing permissions.
- Step 3 : If some folder are missing kindly create the same.
- Step 4 : The next and the most important step is goto your database server and create a database and user, so that the install of phpld moves further. Don’t forget to give the full right to user you created to the database!
- Step 5 : Now enter the yoursite.com/install path in your browser to start your installation process.
- Step 6 : The install will guild you on how to install your directory and shall also let you know if there are any mistakes in your setup.
- Step 7 : Don’t forget to delete your install folder of the index.php file under the install folder from your ftp and change the config.php file permission back to 644 which lives in the include folder, since if its left anyone might get into your directory!
- You nearly done? Rest you should be wise enough to do like making admin profile etc…? If not… well forget about making a directory!
Ok lets hold on… I know image works better than words, here is a better and detail installation instruction I recently came across a brilliant article by my friend Amit Bhawani who has made a good tutorial on how to install phpld directory.
This information was provided to you by Premium Web Directory, please do not copy without permission.